As ultimate goal you will contribute to a better usage of energy resources at a global scale. As Software Architect you will focus on technical and scientific aspects to achieve this goal. You will be responsible of the technical realisation of the software solutions as well as the good execution of customer and Research & Innovation (R&I) projects in which Energis is involved. You will perform following activities :
- Coordinate the technical realisation of Energis i.e. manage the software development from inception through implementation with focus on the technical design, development process and quality. Actively participate in the development, testing and documentation of the software.
- Do the liaison between the development team and other stakeholders (sales & marketing, executives and product management). Work closely with the Director Products & Innovations to make the optimal choices.
- Supervise and participate in preliminary studies and estimations of new customer projects, as well as in the design of extension/tuning of existing systems
- Bring software architecture expertise in the team, based on past experience in similar software projects. Define the software architecture and best practices delivering highly scalable, available, secure and maintainable solutions. Keep the software architecture documentation always up-to- date. Demonstrate leadership in the software architecture design and implementation towards the development team consisting of designers, developers and testers. Drive continuous evolution of technology architecture aligned with business vision and direction.
You will coordinate technically national and international (e.g. EU Horizon 2020) Research and Innovation (R&I) projects. Such an international H2020 project will start second half 2016. The objective of this project is to support energy-aware electric vehicle mobility (routing and charging) by accommodating both interests of Electric Vehicle (EVs) users and grid requirements. This will be validated in real environments in several EU countries (Germany, Spain and Czech Republic).
Energis being the technical coordinator of this international project composed of 11 partners, you will execute following activities :
- Understand expertise and assets every partner brings in the project from technical point of view.
- List technical requirements & use cases together with the project partners.
- Define the technical architecture, describe interactions between components in support of use cases.
- Choose tools, technologies, programming languages to use.
- Participate in the regular calls of all work packages and in project management calls.
- Participate in project management meetings and technical workshops.
- Plan and coordinate technical activities of all partners. Make sure all pieces developed by partners fit together. Continuous software integration of parts developed by all involved partners.
- Be up-to-date and aware of all what happens at partners from technical point of view.
- Make sure technical solution is ready/operational for the experiments.
- Provide input and coordinate deliverables.
- Master degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences or equivalent by experience
- Outstanding analysis and architectural skills. Ability to define solutions, determine pros and cons and recommend solutions at management level to realize technology and business vision
- Ability to understand business drivers and recommend cost effective technology options in response to business needs
- Ability to prioritize and meet deliverables in a highly competitive and demanding environment
- Experience addressing business needs in the energy domain (energy efficiency, renewable energy, smart grid, electric vehicles)
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and mathematical frameworks such as Matlab
- Experience with smart buildings and building automation software
- Experience with mobile applications (Android and iOS)
Besides a technical background you need following soft skills:
- You speak FLUENTLY English and preferably good knowledge of French and/or Dutch.
- Very good organization / rigorous / reliable
- Outstanding communication, influencing and presentation skills (customer facing)
- Listening & diplomacy
- Creativity & innovative spirit
- Reporting in a clear way
- Customer minded
- Flexibility and result-driven approach
- Team player and motivating people
- You are eager to learn, autonomous and able to adapt to fast evolving environments.
- Your main working place will be located in Brussels and you will work closely with the team in Italy. Possibility to work from the Energis’ office in Louvain-La- Neuve.
- You will travel with an average frequency of 1 travel of about 1 – 2 days per month.
What we offer
- To join a team of enthousiast and multicultural software professionals.
- To become part of a fast growing company where people & team satisfaction is the key to success.
- We offer an attractive salary package tuned to your experience and other extra-legal advantages.
All CVs should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org