Role and responsibilities
To support and accelerate our growth, Energis is looking for a Data Scientist.
Your tasks will include:
The Energis.Cloud platform has today some built-in AI/ML algorithms. You will be responsible to further develop the AI/ML frameworks and algorithms inside the Energis.Cloud solution and Raspicy data logger. These algorithms will allow identifying and using predictive models to make accurate predictions and provide smart recommendations in order to optimise the energy usage of existing businesses. Users will be our customers and partners active in the energy domain.
Energis participates in several Research Innovation projects (at EU and regional level) in which developing an AI/ML toolbox and applying it in field trials are key activities. You will actively participate in these projects by collaborating with the other project partners.
Your AI/ML tasks will be spent on the generic product development (Energis.Cloud/Raspicy), on specific customer projects and on R&I projects.
You will interact with the software engineering team to integrate the output of your tasks (e.g. models, algorithms, …) with the SW modules of Energis.Cloud and Raspicy.
Inside the Energis company organisation you will be involved in the activities of the BU Italy, BU Belgium and DevOps units.
Skills & Competences
- MSc, PhD or equivalent in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering
- You have experience in data science for at least 3 years.
- You master advanced Artificial intelligence techniques such as Reinforcement Learning & Deep Learning.
- You have excellent programming skills in Python.
- You are familiar with following frameworks
- Visualisation (jupyter, seaborn, matplotlib, plotly),
- ML toolkit (scikit learn, TensorFlow, Keras),
- Optimisation solvers (cvxopt),
- RL toolkit (Gym, OpenAI),
- Analytics (NumPy, SciPy, pandas),
- IO (REST API, CSV, …)
- Experience with open source frameworks such as Apache Cassandra, Kariosdb, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience with databases (MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with control and optimization techniques such Model Predictive Control (MPC) is a plus
- Software engineering (Java and Web technologies) is a plus.
- Cybersecurity is a plus.
- Project Management skills is a plus
- Ability to work efficiently in an international team
- Ability to achieving goals together with the team
- Working in an autonomous way
- Working in a structured, cost-conscious way and being able to distinguish priorities in the work
- Willingness to learn and ability to share knowledge with others
- Willingness to deliver good software quality for the customers
- Good Knowledge of English. Italian, Dutch or French are a plus
What we offer
- To join a team of enthusiast and multicultural software professionals.
- To become part of a fast-growing company where people & team satisfaction is the key to success.
- We offer an attractive salary package tuned to your experience and other extra-legal advantages
- Your main working place will be located in Brussels and you will work closely with the team in Italy. Possibility to work from the Energis’ office in Louvain-La- Neuve.
Join our team and be a contributing part in the global fight against climate change.
Please send your resume and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.